Firms of all sizes need to retain their customers longer and even for a lifetime, so they have to take advantage of a customer experience maturity model to achieve this goal. We are going to talk a little bit about what a customer experience maturity model is, its process, goals, and many other interesting things. In addition, we are going to give you details on the right approach to build a better relationship with your customers as well as seven important steps a firm should take into consideration to achieve this goal.
Customer Experience Maturity Model Overview
The Customer Experience Maturity Model can be considered as path to build a strong base of lifetime customers. This model shows you how to become successful in your digital marketing campaigns by designing a roadmap to build the technology and processes as well as the people you have to get to achieve the desired outcome. A Customer Experience Maturity Model will help you to retain your customers for a lifetime by anticipating their needs, and the firm must understand and engage its customers overtime as well.
The implementation of the Customer Experience Maturity Model can help organizations to achieve the following goals:
- Align their digital marketing with marketing and strategic goals.
- Find out leverage points to optimize them in order to bring about top-notch impact on the objectives of the business.
- Optimize your business for the digital world by proving your business case.
- Connect with your customers in a cross-channel way to optimize their experiences.
- Attract. First off, the firm will build a website with email capabilities and analytics included. Next the company will start to distribute content across different channels beginning with the most visited ones such as social networks and mobile apps. Next the digital goals start to align with the strategic goals over time.
- Convert. The digital campaign starts to get optimized by taking advantage of data gathered from analytics. The firm will start to split test and personalize the campaign to get results. The focus is on customer experience and how to build a strong relationships by developing and meaningful, relevant conversation with them across multiple channels.
- Advocate. This phase focuses on the development of a central data hub where data about customers is assessed and used to build 1:1 dialogs across multiple channels. Offline and online customer repositories are connected to this central data hub. Use predictions and intelligence to optimize customer experience across multiple channels by creating 1:1 relevant dialogs and anticipating their needs.
A Disciplined Approach
To stand out in terms of customer experience, firms must perform, on a regular basis, the practices needed to manage, implement, and design the experience of their customers in a disciplined way, according to Forrester Research. These are the six disciplines firms must consider to create the right framework and enhance customer experience: culture, governance, measurement, design, customer understanding and strategy. The customer experience strategy must be self-improving and in tandem with the firm`s vision.
Seven Steps to Get a Better Customer Experience
- Get understanding. The firm must get a deep understanding of the customer`s needs, preferences and wants. To get insight into a customer’s preferences, organizations must use both quantitative and qualitative studies. The goal here is getting an understanding of the key priorities of customers to position an offer before them in a meaningful way.
- Economic frameworks. Firms must create an economic framework to prioritize and understand the impact of customer experience on sales, service and marketing decisions. Companies must balance cost to serve and cost to acquire against customer profitability and tenure. They must also understand their performance within their distributed sales models as well as the cost of serving their customers using offline and online support tactics.
- Tracking, distilling and adapting. The firm must track the behavior of the customers as well as distilling patterns and adapting to accommodate any shift over time. Organizations must take advantage of behavioral analysis to find, sort and spot new patterns by means of association. Behavior analytics allow businesses to understand key drivers hanging behind emerging trends to align, adapt and anticipate quicker.
- Customer management and lead nurturing. Companies have to develop customer management and lead nurturing plans for their target audiences. Therefore, developing a structure plan to differentiate different levels of lead generation will be very beneficial for a firm. In addition, a company has to realize the best contact strategy to develop for each customer segment.
- Information architecture. Firms must also strive to create an information infrastructure where the customer becomes the center of attention. A company must understand the entity type, develop the structure of relationship with the entity structure, link events with that structure, and then populate this entity structure with the right data over time.
- Deploying tools based on workflow. By deploying workflow-based systems to sales, marketing and service departments the firm will be able to perform important tasks more transparently and collaboratively. The goals is reducing paperwork, improving communication and easing bottlenecks among and between the different firm`s departments. The company should strive to get better transparency and connectivity as well.
- Creating a map for customer experience. To get the most out of touch points, firms should create a map targeting customer experience. This map will chart the complete journey of a customer from first contact with the firm or product through the whole lifecycle of the relationship.
We have provide you detailed information on Customer Experience Maturity Model. This model is very important for any organization out there, as it will allow them to get even more lifetime customers by anticipating their needs, preferences and wants to engage them as time passes by. The whole process is rather simple and can be summarized into three main phases: attract, convert, and advocate.
Remember that firms must design, create and manage the experience of their customers by using a disciplined approach. Therefore, the first step toward a great customer experience is getting a deep understanding of the customer’s needs, preferences and wants. In addition, getting the right economic framework is paramount for any firm out there in order to understand what happens with the customer experience in terms of marketing and sales decisions, which must be part of their customer experience maturity model.