Does your business have a digital customer experience strategy? The field of Science and Technology has completely revolutionized the way businesses work today. It is no longer just about one on one meetings with existing and prospective clients in an attempt to get them interested in what you have to offer. It is also no longer about who has the best product in the market. What truly matters is connecting clients with clients and gaining their trust and loyalty using different strategies. Internet tools such as blogs, business websites and social media when used right will contribute greatly to the overall success of the business. This is done by creating a captivating and memorable digital customer experience that will leave the clients yearning for more. Therefore, the importance of coming up with great digital experience strategies for the clients cannot be emphasized enough.
Top 4 Most Successful Digital Customer Experience Strategies
There are different digital customer experience strategies that can be applied by businesses as marketing tools. The choice of strategy to use may be determined by different factors including the business’s target market, the type of business and the desired effect of the strategies. Below are four of the most commonly used and successful digital customer experience strategies and tools. They have not been arranged in any particular order.
1. Use of Smartphone Apps
This is one of the most interesting and successful strategies. It involves having the business come up with an application for use on smartphones, tablets or on computers. The App usually has information about the specific company and the products or services that it has to offer. It can be used as a way of getting the clients directly involved by giving the detailed ideas of what the institution is really all about.
- It is highly effective when the App is developed and designed right.
- It is bound to catch the customer’s eye and attention as it is not a widely practiced strategy.
- It promotes an enjoyable and memorable digital customer experience.
- The App gives clients confidence in your business as it gives the impression of willingness and ability to go the extra mile.
Apps are not easy to design in terms of money and technical know-how.
2. Use of Social Media Sites
This digital customer experience strategies is one that is very commonly used today. Here, the businesses make use of different social media sites to connect to potential and existing clients. The choice of site can be general or may be specific to the business’s target audience for more effective communication. Social media sites provide businesses with a platform to inform the clients about their products and services. They are also useful as they can be used as channels through which the client can give feedback and reviews. This active participation of the clients goes a long way in providing a great digital customer experience.
- It allows two way communication where clients can participate actively.
- It is a minimum investment strategy as the social media sites are already in existence.
- It is a highly effective strategy as many people today are active on social media.
Active participation of the clients can work against the business when there are negative comments made.
3. Content targeting
Content targeting as digital customer experience strategy focuses greatly on the product or service that the business is offering. Sometimes it can be used generally to focus on the product category. A good example is a cupcake business using the food and nutrition industry as the basis for marketing. The strategy is usually employed within the company’s own website where interested clients can get to learn more about the product being offered. When using this digital customer experience strategy, it is important to be interesting and captivating in your description of the products to get and keep them interested.
- It gives the client a better idea of the product which could make them more interested in the business.
- It is easy and cost-effective to set up.
- It is very effective especially when the target market includes clients who know exactly what they want
Technical know-how is required to set up the business website.
4. Specific market targeting
This strategy is similar to the content targeting strategy but differs in that the main focus here is in the specific target audience and not on the product or service that is being offered. In marketing, the first and most important thing to figure out is who exactly it is you wish to attract to your business. When building a digital customer experience, it is therefore important to take into consideration the specific target audience. This will help you to come up with the best designs and other tools that can capture the attention of this target group. For example, if the target market is something like teenagers, including things that interest them such as music, celebrities and funky will improve their experience when they visit your website or other digital marketing tools that you may choose to use.
- It is a highly effective strategy.
- It is easy to set up.
- Specificity enhances the customers’ digital experience.
The specificity of the strategy may lock out other interested people who might not be within the specific target group.
Tips for setting up a digital customer experience strategy
Below are a few Dos and Don’ts when it comes to building a digital customer experience:
1) Put yourself in the target consumer’s shoes to try and see what might be appealing to them.
2) Make use of client feedback.
3) Learn from other successful businesses and employ the strategies that work for them.
4) Keep your eye out for advancements in technology that could help improve your client’s digital experience.
5) Do not limit your business to only one strategy. If possible, use all of them to increase chances of success in marketing.
Note that customer experience made successful by customizing and personalizing it. You want to create a more personal and memorable experience for the client. This means that no matter what digital customer experience strategy it is that you will choose to employ, you should ensure that it reflects the values and purpose of your business.