Have you ever lost customers to competitors and didn’t know the reason why? Good customer experience strategies will assist you in retaining more customers. They will also save you the agony of witnessing the mass exodus of your customers to your competitors. CRM i.e. Customer Relationship Management is a technique of managing all your firm’s interactions and relationships with your consumers and potential consumers. This is strategy that can really help you in improving your profitability.
The Importance of a Good Customer Experience Strategy
A good customer experience strategy:
- Increases customer retention
- Reduces customer churn
- Improves customer retention and drives customer loyalty
- Creates a competitive advantage
3 several strategies that can be used to reduce churn, increase satisfaction, and increase revenue.
1. Designing the right value prepositions that are experience focused
The companies with an outstanding customer service experience will always divide their customers into various segments and value prepositions. They design and tailor customer experiences for various customers
2. Delivering value to customers
The most successful companies deliver value prepositions by ensuring that the entire company focuses on delivering them.
3. Developing the ability for repetition i.e. doing it time and again. This means that these companies have put in place systems that can deliver customer experience consistently from time to time
Define customer experience and consistently keep it across all the touch points
If a company wants loyal customers, they must take all these numerous experiences into consideration. They must do the following
- Hire right
- Empower its workforce
- Own the issues
- Never let it fester i.e. fixing problems quickly and finding fast solutions
Base Experience on the Individual Customer Needs
Customer experience strategy begins the moment you know the needs and wants of your customers that equate to their expectations. Hands-on approach strategies assist in understanding customer needs and create a great experience that excites the customers. Exceeding the expectations of a customer is a perfect way of creating a memorable experience.
Creating experiences with the real people and not with companies or brands
People prefer dealing with other people and not with companies or brands. Human engagement is very important. Below are tips that can be used to engage people directly
- Sending emails from personal email accounts
- Using names and personalization i.e. treating them as people and not as entities
- Sending follow up calls and emails based on specific actions
- Get your employees excited and engaged about your product
Leverage technology so that you can enhance customer experience
The major problem that most companies do is that they try to use software and technology in creating a customer experience. This isn’t right as it diverts the attention and focuses on what technology does rather than enlighten on amazing experiences. Always look for a technology that complements your strategy. The customer experience tools that you use must never be molded around technology
You should concentrate on the following tools
- CRM tools for management i.e. keeping all communication and data between your employee and company in a specific spot where anyone see it with ease
- Marketing tools for customer engagement-i.e. sending trigger emails that are based on actions that are specific
- Customer satisfaction tools and online survey tools- survey customers, measure satisfaction and get feed-backs
- Web tracking and analytic tools- measure engagement and the number of page visits
These are the customer experience strategies that you need to know. Ensure that you put them into use so that you can get to expereince the benefits the provide.